My latest projects is number 27. Sam’s quilt. I’ve been building the whole quilt around this pack of Heather Ross remnants...
...that I bought off this great Etsy seller. (
I decided to do a twin size ticker tape quilt thinking that for my first quilt it would be relatively easy. All you do is cut the fabric and put it in it’s spot...kind of like tetris! I love tetris! And I’m quite good at it!
I couldn’t have been more wrong. I obviously know about as much about quilting as I do that mysteriously emptied Almond Joy Pieces bag on the kitchen counter. Which is to say absolutely nothing. Though I did see the dog in there earlier, sniffing about. Yeah...Seven should be questioned about that.
The first problem occurred when I started cutting the fabrics. First off, the Heather Ross fabrics I’m using are no longer in production...which makes them a tad bit on the expensive side. This meant that I spent way to much time trying to figure out where I was going to make my cuts, so as not to bugger any up and regret the cut.
I then had to decide where on the quilt to place them. This was agonizing! I wanted to make sure that I had an even spread of colour, size and pattern. After finally placing them, I went in with all my filler fabrics and tried to tetris them into their new homes. Wow...not as easy as it looks.
I start tomorrow, wish me luck!