Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIP Wednesdays

So I've decided to start another new weekly feature...
Work In Progress Wednesdays, "WIP Wednesdays"
My goal with this is to hopefully keep on top of the projects that I start, so that they get finished...on time.
And again, to keep me posting on a regular basis.

So I guess I'll start with some sewing projects that I have on the go.
I currently have two baby quilts on the go, the baby city blocks one that I posted about here ... which I'm now embroidering the alphabet on.






I've finished all the turquoise letters, now just need to do the red and yellow. 
I love the simplicity of the font and the basic back stitch I used... it seems very childlike to me.


And one for my friend Matt and his wife Jen. I'm using the My Happy Nursery Line from Cloud9.


The Cloud9 fabrics are amazing and I'm loving working with them... I already have another quilt in mind for the leftover fabric from this quilt... hopefully I'll get started on that soon.
The top has been stitched and I'm pretty happy with the results.


I've also been working away on two lap size quilts using some of Amy Butlers new Soul Blossoms line. I bought this stack...

...a while ago to make a quilt for my little sis for her birthday (I'll post photos of that next week after her birthday) and had enough left over to make this quilt top.

This is my first attempt at an HST quilt and while I really enjoyed laying it out, I've just started the sewing and the perfectionist in me is having kittens... it would seem that not all of my cuts were as accurate as they should have been... I'm hoping to sell this one so I hope it comes together nicely in the end.
Lastly, I've been stitching up this little guy...


From the book Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts. I fussy cut a vintage sheet for his body and used some Amy Butler scraps for his ears...which may or may not get sewn on.
This is my first attempt at a stuffed animal and it looks like it's been stitched together by a blind weasel that has rabies. Nothing lined up, it looks like it's drunk... and the sewing was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I'm debating on whether or not I should even bother putting his ears on or take him apart and start over again.
This was a test project...I'm hoping to make one in grey cord to go with the My Happy Nursery quilt,  as part of the shower gift. I guess I should try again.

Well, I guess that's it for the sewing projects I have on the go right now... I'm itching to start another project but I think I should maybe finish at least one of these first... we'll see.

1 comment:

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!