Thursday, March 31, 2011

This to that...

On a mission to find the perfect fabric to make a sleeve for my netbook I found this little forgotten bag...





I bought it on sale a while ago and have only used it sporadically because of it's small size. But I love it and was super excited when I discovered that it was the perfect size for my netbook.

So with my trusty seam ripper in hand,
I quickly and easily took the sides of the bag off.
I then proceeded to remove the bottom of the bag with my rotary cutter...


...and was left with this...


...a back, a front, two sides and a couple pickles.
The pickles were on the bottom of the bag, I thought I could applique them onto something else.
And since I only need the front and back for this project it leaves me with both sides to use for another project.

 I then stitched the bottoms together...


...and stitched in a new lining with some fleece for padding....


Then I just had to sew up the sides and voila!


 Easy, peasy, new netbook sleevey for under ten bucks!!


Sam loves it and thinks I'm totally awesome... or maybe it's the sandwich he thinks is totally awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!